Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice! Looks like you did a great job

Reaction score
addy1 said:

Thanks, Addy. A friend of a friend has a pond and his goldfish recently bred so about 10 goldfish will be introduced tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Reaction score
addy1 said:

Thanks, Addy. A friend of a friend has a pond and his goldfish recently bred so about 10 goldfish will be introduced tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
bodo said:

I am not sure how long you have had water in it. The "real" fish keepers here might help you out with testing the water.

My pond is going to be more of a water garden, little if no fish.

You want to make sure it is safe for the fish, you may want to put in just a few at a time and make sure they do ok before adding more.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
bodo said:

I am not sure how long you have had water in it. The "real" fish keepers here might help you out with testing the water.

My pond is going to be more of a water garden, little if no fish.

You want to make sure it is safe for the fish, you may want to put in just a few at a time and make sure they do ok before adding more.

Reaction score
The water's been in there for about 2 weeks. It has tap water conditioner in it and I must be doing something right because the 2 waterboatmen and a snail seem to be doing all right :)

Reaction score
The water's been in there for about 2 weeks. It has tap water conditioner in it and I must be doing something right because the 2 waterboatmen and a snail seem to be doing all right :)

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum
And Nice pics of the pond build
Your water should be fine for the goldfish

Reaction score
@ DrCase

Thank you. The goldfish were introduced today... I shall let you know how they get on in their new home :)

@ Lee

The pump is at the back of the 3' depth. The pump pipe then feeds up under the limestone slabs into the brick structure. See where your filter outlet drops straight into the pond? The filter outlet on mine drops onto the slabs on the filter housing to make a waterfall effect. If you need me to post pics, just let me know :)

Ask a Question