My fish are alive!

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
Winter isnt the time to worry about them,the time for worry is springtime and their metabolism kicking in high gear before yiur biofilter can catch up.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It's April and May that you want to watch closely but take precautions now with super water quality and avoid
the problems later. It's March tomorrow on Long Island and I'll be starting everything up this week, maybe, next. I also
do a PP treatment ( controversial by many ) and have happy campers early in the season with plenty time for the
beneficial bacteria to build. Current water temp is 50F.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I always worry about spawn time more .I also worry when nothing is growing yet but not as much as spawning time .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
In Conneaut Maria. Not too far from you. My pond is 1500 gallons with 8 koi, 3 shubunkins and 20 some babies which I don't know what they are. Rehoming them this summer.

shanezam203

Rookie
Reaction score
Isn't that the best feeling ever!? My first 3 winters were COLD and a lot of freezing where I couldn't see my fish for months and when I would first see them in March it was so exciting. This winter was MILD in Chicago so I've seen the fish almost all winter, congrats again and I am looking forward to feeding my fish again soon!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
Isn't that the best feeling ever!? My first 3 winters were COLD and a lot of freezing where I couldn't see my fish for months and when I would first see them in March it was so exciting. This winter was MILD in Chicago so I've seen the fish almost all winter, congrats again and I am looking forward to feeding my fish again soon!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
Yes, it is exciting. I am too looking forward to feeding. I hand feed them. From what I read, water temp should stay at 55 degrees or above to start feeding again.

Ask a Question