j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That was him only he had a trail of crumbs behind him of samples from the local Costco store

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Based on what you know about me: that I have 2 teenagers (who are the reason I will see you naked), that I keep a food diary (not a dairy) and was he funny, I think you can surmise if that is me or not. You know my methods Watson...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You bet your lucky charms I do but the name Huff comes from the British Isles and different forms of the name came from different areas.Your forefathers may have just meandered over to Ireland for a bit and hooked up w/ the Houghs and refused to change the spelling. What was your mother's maiden name? Ah heck you won't say I know but was it Irish? http://www.maxhuff.com/ORIGIN OF EARLY HOUGH FAMILIES FROM ENGLAND TO PA.htm

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Then you mom was beautiful..............
my mom was a 5ft2 polish gal. I out grew here when I was 10

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes very pretty!

Honor.jpg

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Thanks! Yes, she was very pretty. In fact, my Dad pretty much got disowned by his family for years for marrying her. She was 4 years older than him and his family didn't like her.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I hope they came to like her eventually. Families can be a bugger sometimes. My parents did not like my hubby and said we would never last..................ha ha been married 45 yrs now and Happy Together :love:

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
No, they never did. As a result I was never really accepted into his family either. As an adult, I have chosen to completely distance myself from them and don't have any contact with them. Lol, my Dad came from a strict northern family and my Mom an older southerner divorcee with kids. You can see how that can be an issue...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your are born into families or married into them, sort of no choice. At least you can chose your friends.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I hope they came to like her eventually. Families can be a bugger sometimes. My parents did not like my hubby and said we would never last..................ha ha been married 45 yrs now and Happy Together :love:

Your story sounds just like mine, j.w. MIL said it wouldn't last a year; been together 44, married for almost 42!
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good for you and your wife Haro. Nice to see marriages that can last that long. Nowadays you don't see that too often. It takes two to make it work and if only one is willing it won't last. We are a throw away society on pretty much everything :(

Ask a Question