My goldfish have disappeared!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Karen said:
Awesome Video! What company did you work for? My Father in law and Uncle (by marriage) both work(ed) off shore in the gulf. For ANR Pipeline and later named Coastal...now it's ElPaso Corp I believe. Thanks for sharing....very cool....:rolleyes:

I worked for Superior Energy Services, We did contract work for many of the major oil companies. I'm not 100% certain but I think the sunset pics are from a ElPaso platform if I'm not mistaken. If you blow the picture up and look at the platform in the background that is The Horizon. yep the same rig that BP was using that exploded and burnt. It's on another location in the pic but that's it. Also if you look closely you can actually see the circulation in the clouds starting to form from Katrina.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Fishin, I had to go back and look at the sunset pics! I thought they were a "commercial" not from you. WOW, those are the most beautiful sunset pics I think I have ever seen. Very nice. And, thanks for the added info on your job there as well. :fish:
Addy, if you ever get the chance, go to Bonaire to dive. It's my favorite location. Probably 100 dive sites, most that you can reach from shore, most hotels there are dive related and include a truck to drive around. Easy access to the walls, all within probably 50-100' of shore in 0-15' of depth, then the walls are such that you can dive going to the right at 60', come back at 40' see totally different things! Almost no current, so VERY easy diving, except on the other side of the island, where we did not go. :lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CountryEscape said:
Addy, if you ever get the chance, go to Bonaire to dive. It's my favorite location. Probably 100 dive sites, most that you can reach from shore, most hotels there are dive related and include a truck to drive around. Easy access to the walls, all within probably 50-100' of shore in 0-15' of depth, then the walls are such that you can dive going to the right at 60', come back at 40' see totally different things! Almost no current, so VERY easy diving, except on the other side of the island, where we did not go. :fish:

Loved bonaire diving, it has been awhile since I have been there. We are talking of going to a diving resort like that. So far we have had our diving incorporated with cruise ships. Pick a cruise that stops at diving islands. My previous hubby did not like the water so I quit diving for a while. But now back into it. Just not as "young" lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Addy, I didn't get certified until I was divorced. Former husband would never have allowed that, since he doesn't like water either. Then dove a lot with a friend for year and a half, but now not for 2 years, but that's ok. I know how, can also take refresher, and do it again, but I know what you mean about not being as young. Those tanks, etc. are HEAVY, especially when you have to go up and down steps or across rocky beaches to get to the water. But, once you are in the water .... ahhhhhhh!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I worked up to rescue diving level before I married the land lover, Now with new hubby he became certified and I took the refresher course. better safe than sorry.

Used to dive like a fanatic and loved every second under water, they would check for gills when i would finally come up on shallow dives, I use so little air................ lmao

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Me, too, Addy, but they say women use less air, and I think it has to do with much less body weight in general. I suspect you are a small person as well? :) Yep, staying under for a full hour was no problem for me. I would love to dive again, will someday, just into more Harley riding these days with boyfriend. :) Winter time is good time to go on dive trip.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol not petite, 5 8, not over weight though. I have always sipped air when diving. It is so relaxing.

Ask a Question