My green pond.

Reaction score
I have pond with a 15 feet river and 8’x10’x3’ deep. I can not keep the green algae from the bottom where the water flows in the river the rocks and water is clear but not on the pond. I have a ultraviolet filter. My ph is above 7.8. Can I add some muriatic acid or what can I do to get rid of the green. Do not have fish.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Do you have plants in the pond, simplest method is a variety of water plants. You can dump chemicals in there to kill the algae without fish, but you still have wildlife coming to the pond, so for me I wouldn’t add chemicals. I would use the natural method of higher plant forms outcompeting the algae for available nutrients, not a quick fix but it is a permanent fix once the plants get going.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
froggy jumping 22.gif
@Jairo
Plants, lots of plants, sedges are great muck suckers!

Reaction score
I have pond with a 15 feet river and 8’x10’x3’ deep. I can not keep the green algae from the bottom where the water flows in the river the rocks and water is clear but not on the pond. I have a ultraviolet filter. My ph is above 7.8. Can I add some muriatic acid or what can I do to get rid of the green. Do not have fish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lets start with some photos and see what we can help with from there

Ask a Question