Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-7-5_15-58-59.gif
@julesdiamond

Reaction score
South Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom.
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again and thought I would let you know what has happened so far and that is my hubby has got rid of one of the plants that was in the middle of the pond its name is Equisetum hyemale or short name is Dutch Rush and the reason he was getting rid of it was it had actually turned black underneath the water line creating a sort of oil looking slime. It is a plant that has very stiff reed like shoots on it that look a little like bamboo but they are very close together. Not long after he removed this plant the black lion head that was one of the ones that we couldn't find suddenly appeared but really worse for wear as it looked like its scales were rubbed off on both of its sides. It looked awful but it is still eating and swimming around but it is as if it has been stuck in this plant and not been able to get free so we are now looking further in between other plants and giving them a clear out making more room as some have gone crazy spreading too much but no signs yet of my golden orfe.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Cute little rascals, though, those stoats...View attachment 113115
Welcome to the forum, @Tara!
Thank you for the welcome. Yes they are lovely to look at, but they are wicked little beasts when hungry. I saw my Dads two Jack Russell's catch a stoat, that was dragging a young chicken, through the chicken wire of the coup. The poor chicken was a mangled mess, but the dogs had a gruesome game of tug of war after getting a hold of the stoat(bloody mess). A week later my Dads poor fish in the cow barrels were taken. Like I said wicked little beasts when hungry, but yes lovely to look at. If you ever see ten or more hungry stoats coming towards your house, get inside, and lock the doors, windows, and then hide the silver. Pray if you need to, just don't reach out to pet them, they will take all your digits and feed their young ones, they don't care. So that may be a little rant by me, but I'm still sore about the chickens, fish ,and rabbits. All small backyard pets end up on the stoats radar it seems.

Ask a Question