My new pond, one day old, so,no plants or fish yet!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Pond foam is your friend for waterfalls. It is not waterproof but it does a great job in directing water over the stones instead of under it. Digging down will not help, the water will still go under it.

I built a wall to hide the liner then I put the waterfall stones on top of the wall and liner and used pond foam on the sides and under the stone, some water will still get past it but very minimal and the flow will go over the top. Click the link below to my pond and scroll down to the stream pictures, it will show the wall and how I hid the liner

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/showcase/rob-amys-pond.7/

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Funny! I am digging a trench as advised by aquatic centre to make it easy but it's not! I am putting the slate stepping stone overlapping the edge but finish g it so hard to get the water to go over top of it! I have dug down, filled it back up again!
No room to build a wall I am afraid!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks good to me what you have done so far. I don't have a stream so can't help ya on that one. These people here will help you figure it out. Water will always take the easiest way out so you have to fill up the places you don't want it to go w/the foam stuff. Add some hiding rocks in the mix and voila you win!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sooo chuffed, stream and waterfall in place! Just the landscaping and playing around with the stream rocks tomorrow! Hub on line now ordering lights,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 256
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 301
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks very much, my cousin has 4 acres of woodland so we routed around for some feature wood, it's my birthday soon so hoping for a squirrel in my presents so can sit him on top of trunk at top of the stream. Can't wait to be get stuck into making the rest. Garden again!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like what you have done and I see you have a pretty Chameleon plant in your pond. Keep it in the pond and it will behave itself. Let it go outside of your pond and there will be nothing stopping it from filling your whole yard up. Happy ponding :)

Reaction score
Well I don't know whether to start at the top of stream or bottom.
I just can't the slab that will over lap to hide the liner to,get water to go over it!
How do,you stop water from leaking out under and the sides?
For starters!
Do I dig low down first for the first slab? I was then going to fillin with gravel pebbles and rocks.
Any advice greatly received!

Thanks re Alfie, he is a 2 yr old Welsh Springer Spaniel. A sulking one at the moment, no walk for a week as a. It and infected pad.
You need to start a new thread for your waterfall topic. You will get tons of advice to "ponder" I am also at a loss for my falls rocks and have tried several different configurations, they all splash to much and go the wrong way. I just put the rocks aside and will do it next spring when I'm not tired!!!
Waterfall foam seals up the cracks so the water will flow over top the rock you want it to and not between and out the bottom. You can youtube to topic and learn lots also.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thanks for advice, but I managed yesterday to complete it! We have a stream and waterfall trickling which is the sound I wanted, not too load. So chuffed. I popped some pictures on my new pond thread where you pop pictures. But here is the night one. Alls I have to now is finishing landscaping the corner garden, bury the hose and wire. Finish edging the rest of the pond! Loving it. Also play around with stream first to get some mini waterfalls going but my end one falling into the pond is just perfect sound. So excited still. We had 2 hedgehogs in the garden last night whistling! They back living under an old dog kennel down by the side of the house. So cute

Off today to a local pool to catch some water boatman!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hi all, ypthought I would post photos of my new pond, very excited, a project I have been working on for a while and now it has a liner and water in it! Will be finishing edging it and building a stream/ waterfall over rest of week.

Ah ok can't post a photo from my iPad by looks of it

Ask a Question