My new pond, one day old, so,no plants or fish yet!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Dave, that pot is already needed! We have cut it with a disc cutter and fitted it over the filter, the bit that stickes up out of the ground. It is perfect for the job!

We have used a large log and placed that at the beginning of the steam. Looks fab

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
After another days work, well an afternoon, been playing mostly with my pond! However gravel back at top of garden, the rest of the garden cleared and looking back to normal, just some landscaping left to do and re do some of the pond edging!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 1,131
Reaction score
Hi thanks for advice, but I managed yesterday to complete it! We have a stream and waterfall trickling which is the sound I wanted, not too load. So chuffed. I popped some pictures on my new pond thread where you pop pictures. But here is the night one. Alls I have to now is finishing landscaping the corner garden, bury the hose and wire. Finish edging the rest of the pond! Loving it. Also play around with stream first to get some mini waterfalls going but my end one falling into the pond is just perfect sound. So excited still. We had 2 hedgehogs in the garden last night whistling! They back living under an old dog kennel down by the side of the house. So cute

Off today to a local pool to catch some water boatman! View attachment 75997View attachment 75998 View attachment 75999
I really like your bridges in the stream! Is the one large stone to help slow down water also? You must be some kind of go getter!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you,the large one is to slow down the flow, I didn't want to a loud a water noise when entering the pond. I still have a bit of playing Round to do tomorrow before I bed down the other side of the stream. I would also like some slate pieces to put in the stream as think too ,u h gravel going on,

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking great, looks like it has been there forever.

Ask a Question