my pet koi fish has passed away this winter

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss . I know all too well how one can become attached to a pet , even a fish . I know how hard it can be to keep pond fish in the warm enviroment where I live and I sometimes wonder how some of you deal with the issues of keeping pond fish in cold areas . Take comfort that you did the best you could for your freind. Remember that when one door closes another one opens.

Pond on my freinds .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very sad for you black dog. Hope you build a nice big pond for you next fish and they grow big and beautiful for you!

Blackdog128

blackdog128
Reaction score
i never thought i wound be so sad over this loss my hubby just says they are just fish and for me to move on :) he is right but i had that fish since we move in to this house we are at now i was hopeing to move with her :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Blackdog you'll get through this, it just takes some time and maybe when you get your new fish in your new pond things will feel better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Havent lost a koi for quite a while now but we know how you feel , it passes after a while may I suggest buying a new one and give it all your love and attention.
Our oldest two are both 27 this year they can if well looked after reach a grand old age of around 80 years or more.
I'd be gutted if we lost one or both of them they are pets and are no longer shown at koi shows

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Did you see for shipping, that it would be $59? I would be leary of having them take longer than that. You would do better by taking koi fry from a friend that has too many or checking Craigs list. Walmart even sells koi as well as PetSmart and Petco.

Blackdog128

blackdog128
Reaction score
they have packages that offer free shipping as well if u look on the side towards the middle and here in ut there are not too many persons here with koi ponds walmart had a ick out break a few weeks ago so iam still leary of them right now

Reaction score
I would call them and ask those questions. If they are reputable, they should be able to give you some answers.

Reaction score
Blackdog128 said:
hey i have to ask something has anyone used a website called http://www.livekoiforsale.com/ i thinking of useing them i can buy 3 koi fish for 29.95 with free shipping the fish will be small like 3 inchs in all but it may be worth it ?
I have had some great luck getting fish from Next Day Koi on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/nextdaykoi/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3692

IF you are NOT an experienced "snipper" come back for help before bidding. You dont want to get drawn into a bidding war, or pay too much. Shipping is a flat $35 no matter how many fish you purchase.

Just dont purchase ANY fish until the pond is ready!!!

Ask a Question