My pond photos

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
If you ever do have to dig in clay though, wet it down. I found digging mine it was so much easier to dig into it when it was wet, heavier yes, but sure beat trying to chip out sections of it when it was dry. If the soil is that good, save it for another section of landscaping, if you have room for it that is. :)

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Today I came home to find my pond about 3" low from the day before, it has never lost that much water that quick so I figured there was a leak somewhere. Looked around and didn't see anything then I went to check an area where I thought I may have cut through my pipe last week when I was splitting grasses that's when I saw the swamp. Over by my creek filter the ground was completly water logged, I looked around trying to find the source, the pipe did not appear to be leaking and I could not see any cuts in the pipe, so I was looking around the filter area and that is when I think I know where the leak was coming from. My liner where it buts up next to the filter has settled down some, so there was only about one inch of liner that was above water level and some of the smaller rocks had shifted away. Upon further looking there was a frog under there and I am now wondering if he or she had climbed on the loose liner and made it where it was below the water level. Will never know but will need to check tomorrow and see if it stopped.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had some liner settle, lost around 2 inches of water in the pond before I noticed. Pulled it forward stuck dirt and rocks behind it no leak since.

Good luck tmann.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well made some progress on the construction of the bog. I put up the wall with all the rock that I have been collecting for the last several weeks. I will still need to go one more layer high with the rock. I dug about 8" down and fought with the stubborn root from a false indigo perrenial. I didn't know they put out roots so far or so big, broke my favorite shovel digging it out. Need to dig about another 6" down and should be at the appropriate depth. It is a bit narrower than I wanted but am running out of room, unless I make the backside of the wall about 3' tall which isn't going to happen since I am sort of bored and tired of hunting for the rock. Will order the liner next week sometime now that I know how big it will actually be. Now I am on the hunt for the right rock for the spillway back into the creek, I did not like the ones that I collected but I may have one somewhere else among the thousand other rocks in my yard.

Attachments

• P1030900.JPG
    P1030900.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 271
  • P1030901.JPG
    P1030901.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 294
  • P1030903.JPG
    P1030903.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 231

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice I had to buy my spillway rock, the rocks here suck

That is looking great tmann

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looking good tmann and keep going. You'll find just the right rock for your spillway even if you have to breakdown and go out and buy one. Addy has a perfect one for hers!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Some years back we got a load of limestome boulders delivered to the garden centre; all the smaller ones have sold, and only a few large ones remain. I've drilled a number of smaller ones for fountains, and want to do the same with one of the larger ones for my pond. The manager told me if I can move it, it's mine, so this morning I wrestled two into the pickup. But the one I really like has to be over 500 pounds! Still working on it, though. Free is good!!!
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
My dear wife gave me a hand with these two. They run about 200 to 250 lb. each. If she hadn't been around, I would have asked 3 or 4 guys to help!!
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I know what's up w/ that? One minute I'm not allowed and then the next I am! Maybe my request was granted,lol!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Outstanding tmann..........you have paradise there! Love the sound of the water and the birds chirping in the background!

Ask a Question