my proposed plumbing

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
this is the way i plan to plumb my new filtration system, sloppy drawing but it gets the point across.
***the oneway valves should stop any syphon affect and stop any back flow into the "off" pumps plumbing.
***the pumps will be on timers, running the 1900gph pump at night, during off peak hours, and when we want to enjoy a stronger falls, this pump will also be valved for flow control
the 1000gph pump will run during the day and when were not enjoying the falls
***the two prefilters will be located apart in the pond so water will be pulled in from different areas,virtually eliminating dead spots, since the pond is oval.
***this setup with my aerators should keep the water ciculating nicely
*** the inserts will be removed from the prefilters so they just eliminate large debris from entering the system.
*** the inlet to the filter is venturied for oxygenation and should also eleviate any chance of air lock

does anyone find flaws in this design? if so what? thanks for your thoughts

Attachments

• 3-13-2009 1;15;44 PM.jpg
    3-13-2009 1;15;44 PM.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 429

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i could but no need, the one way valves will eliminate any syphon. i will time them to have one start as the other stops, and vise versa.

Reaction score
i having the pumps overlap would create less stress on them...that way the pump turning on has help moving water when its starting up...because the on/off action already creates enough stress on the pumps
just my 2 cents :twocents:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
without the one ways that would be true; but the tubes will remain full.. the water cant back drain and the valves will be within inches of the pumps; the whole assembly will be mounted on a sheet of black 1/2" plastic, and sitting on the bottom of the pond

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Koiguy i would use a swing type check valves,,,the spring loaded type would be hard on the pump and reduce the flow

Reaction score
why not just run the main pump all the time? If its cost, I cant imagine it saving you more than a few dollars a month.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
actually i have decided to run the 1000 gph fulltime to filter the water and plumb the 1900gph pump directly into the falls and only run it when we want to enjoy a strong falls

Ask a Question