Need advice for creeping water plants to cover liner around edges

Reaction score
Hello! First time at this site. Looks awesome. I built my pond several years ago by the seat of my pants. I have one side of pond wall that the liner shows. Do u folks have any suggestions for some kind of creeping plant oir vine that will drape over the top block and hang over the liner area at water's edge. We live on Long Island, NY, so it needs to be something can endure the cold, summer heat and be hardy. Thank you in advance. Matt

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
hand_writing.gif
to our group

I used creeping jenny, juniper (the low to the ground ones, looks great) ground covers They all grow nice and fast and look good

DSC06459.JPG
DSC06461.JPG
DSC06460.JPG

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Reaction score
hand_writing.gif
to our group

I used creeping jenny, juniper (the low to the ground ones, looks great) ground covers They all grow nice and fast and look good
Thank you for speedy reply. My plumber friend Bill moved down there 6 years ago. BTW, would you know of a good high quality vacuum for cleaning pond bottom. I had one that attached to hose, but it was plastci and snapped the 4th time I used it. matt

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just use a pool net, leaf net. I am weird, don't want to harm the snails, tads, dragon fly larvae so can't vacuum. I have seen postings about the oasis 4 (I think that is what it was called) not cheap, but works well.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome! I, too, was going to suggest creeping jenny, and I like Addy's suggestion of the low-growing, creeping-type juniper. Creeping jenny will grow faster.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have the pond oasis 4. I works really well, just depending on the amount of muck in the bottom the bag can fill up in a short amount of time, the nice thing on this vac is there are two chambers so while one is emptying out the other can still run so very little down time except to empty the mesh bag of muck. I put the muck in my garden. It is a bit pricey and here is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003GPWVUI/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=3482533516&ref=pd_sl_8gztm3apkf_bb

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have to chop back the junipers and jenny every summer now, ow they fill the stream, but sure do cover the liner nicely.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have the pond oasis 4. I works really well, just depending on the amount of muck in the bottom the bag can fill up in a short amount of time, the nice thing on this vac is there are two chambers so while one is emptying out the other can still run so very little down time except to empty the mesh bag of muck. I put the muck in my garden. It is a bit pricey and here is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003GPWVUI/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=3482533516&ref=pd_sl_8gztm3apkf_bb

Thanks for the info regarding the pond vac. I've got that one on my wish list, but I usually read one bad review for every good one.

Ask a Question