Need help identifying this water lily .... not Helvola??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7 (apparently!!)
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, can anyone give me any ideas as to what this lily variety may be? Or failing that just whether it is/isn't a helvola ( which is what it was sold to me as!!). Photos attached below. The leaves are around 7cm long which seems much too large for a helvola ( the info I've seen suggests they get no bigger than 2cm) It was the earliest of my lilies to put up leaves and it's producing them very nicely and there is even a bud ( maybe that came too early as it has sunk down) which suggests a yellow flower. The slightly larger more mottled leaves to the left in the third photo are from a Leydikari Fulgens lily. Any ideas?? I really like it but want to know what size it's likely to get to etc. Thank you so much. Stickleback.

Attachments

• 20230602_094143.jpg
    20230602_094143.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230602_094135.jpg
    20230602_094135.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230602_094126.jpg
    20230602_094126.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All, can anyone give me any ideas as to what this lily variety may be? Or failing that just whether it is/isn't a helvola ( which is what it was sold to me as!!). Photos attached below. The leaves are around 7cm long which seems much too large for a helvola ( the info I've seen suggests they get no bigger than 2cm) It was the earliest of my lilies to put up leaves and it's producing them very nicely and there is even a bud ( maybe that came too early as it has sunk down) which suggests a yellow flower. The slightly larger more mottled leaves to the left in the third photo are from a Leydikari Fulgens lily. Any ideas?? I really like it but want to know what size it's likely to get to etc. Thank you so much. Stickleback.
You may just have to wait until it flowers for a definitive answer.

Ask a Question