Need help making a cleaner pond

Reaction score
I believe you would need to valve down the pump @ 1600+gph for the uv light to be effective in ridding bacteria and algae spores at 25w. Look for info on gph/lph flow rate for kill steps on the uv lighting and base your pump off of that. If they dont offer that info. then i would not purchase it imo.

Reaction score
Well checked out the Lotus website and the maximum recommended flow for the Clear Pond 25 is 4800 litres, so yeah, looks like the 6000 would have been too fast.
Just another check on that website and found this.
PondXpert Flowmaster Pond Pump 4500 for 50 quid

Again, I have no idea on the best brands.

Reaction score
JohnHuff said:
It is interesting what you all say about test strips vs. liquid tests. As a former chemistry major we all happily used strip tests such as litmus and pH papers...but those were dinosaur years ago. All they are is paper impregnated with chemicals and we never questioned the use of them as students. As far as expiration and contamination, the same would be true with liquid test kits.
As you stated, that was long ago. Lots of great advances have been made! Isn't it funny how as students we were inclined to believe what the teacher said etc? Now I have sure learned that teachers only have to know slightly more than the students to seem like an Einstein, when in fact, the are often not.

Ask a Question