Need Help with Design Flaw

Reaction score
1926.651(i)(1)
Where the stability of adjoining buildings, walls, or other structures is endangered by excavation operations, support systems such as shoring, bracing, or underpinning shall be provided to ensure the stability of such structures for the protection of employees.

1926.651(i)(2)
Excavation below the level of the base or footing of any foundation or retaining wall that could be reasonably expected to pose a hazard to employees shall not be permitted except when:

1926.651(i)(2)(i)
A support system, such as underpinning, is provided to ensure the safety of employees and the stability of the structure; or

1926.651(i)(2)(ii)
The excavation is in stable rock; or

1926.651(i)(2)(iii)
A registered professional engineer has approved the determination that the structure is sufficiently removed from the excavation so as to be unaffected by the excavation activity; or

1926.651(i)(2)(iv)
A registered professional engineer has approved the determination that such excavation work will not pose a hazard to employees.

I would like to see the OP reply.....hate to see someone get hurt here.

While OSHA regulations wouldn't apply to you, most likely if what I am understanding of your construction is correct, you are more likely than not in violation of your local building codes and may very well have created a dangerous situation for you and your neighbor.

Reaction score
Someone mentioned Rock on a Roll. I used it on our pond to hide the liner around the pond and on the waterfall. It is ok to have it submerged. However, I think the color is going to be wrong for your rocks.

Attachments

• Showing Rock on a roll on liner.jpg
    Showing Rock on a roll on liner.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 310
  • Showing rock on a roll on WF.jpg
    Showing rock on a roll on WF.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 308
Reaction score
yes, i mentioned the rock on a roll. It looks perfect in your application because it blends in seamlessly. You are right in that it may not work in the case of this pond because it is largely very dark in color.

Ask a Question