Need help with pond construction

Reaction score
Here is where i am at, i never got much done, between, hot humid weather and work, and other commitments, i just started the digging yesterday.

Some questions, should i use these filters that came with everything i bought, or should i make my own?

Attachments

• jasmine and pond 110.jpg
    jasmine and pond 110.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 255
  • jasmine and pond 111.jpg
    jasmine and pond 111.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 218
  • jasmine and pond 112.jpg
    jasmine and pond 112.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 264
  • jasmine and pond 113.jpg
    jasmine and pond 113.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 258
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
sissy said:
well that will be a nice spot then with the sun room .Are you planning a waterfall because that would be nice to look out at and since you have great pumps you have a great start .Remember to raise sides up and leave extra liner at the top because with weight of water it will settle and remember an over flow area for the heavy rains and snow fall melt .I just lowered a corner of mine and put a pipe sideways with one of those ground drain caps so fish don't get washed out and I put a shower drain over it so the holes were smaller just in case baby fish were in the pond .I had it go to a catch basin just in case also .Better safe than sorry .My pond is just below my covered front porch and the view of the mountains .Pure clay kitty litter I do give a little dip in water before I put plants in the pond so I don't get a big grey cloud in the water .It helps buffer the water .I also use crushed oyster shells to buffer the ph and keep it stable .save all you dirt for your waterfall build
Sissy, can you post some pictures of the drain set up you built to protect the fish? I'm having a hard time visualizing it... thanks

Ask a Question