Need help with UV clarifiers

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the site and not really very experienced as my pond has largely looked after itself until now. Hence my call for help.

My old UV clarifier has broken and I think it's time for a new one rather than repair, partly because it's only a 30w tube and with my pond in full sun (when it shines in England) that is on the small side for my pond.

I've read plenty of advertisements but have no idea how to tell which ones are best. Different tube types, some swirl some don't, one brushes the tube clean while it works another has a combined ballast and tube and lasts longer.

Any comments would be welcome as I don't know whether any of the above makes much difference at all. I'm tempted to buy a TMC Pro Clear UV55w but that's based mostly on price

Thanks

Steve

Reaction score
ok, you have a very large pond. A 30w UV is a tad small for a pond that size, and you should probably go with a minimum of a 40watter.

I'm in the USA, so I don't know if the brands correlate. But an emperor UV is pretty good and one lots of the ponders love: Here is it so you can perhaps search it on in your neck of the woods. http://www.koipondcentral.com/uv_lights/index.html

Aqua UV's are also decent. Usually you can get it cheaper by calling the vendor than what you see priced online, since they are only able to advertise the minimum advert price.

Perhaps other UK'ers with large ponds will chime in with ideas for you.

Ask a Question