need to make inside pond that will house fish over winter

Reaction score
I need cheap ideas on how to have an indoor pond for over the winter. It is just temporary.
I need to find a container that i dont need to build and it is big and it is cheap. PLEASE I NEED HELP. If there is someone on the forum who might sell containers for fish over the winter i would appreciate your services.:banghead3:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
get a 8' or 10' wetset or intex pool if you have the room, and can still find one.. they are fish safe and cheap!!! and hold more water than your current pond. clearence priced this time of year.. if they still have any

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Vinfish
I deleted your Redundant thread, re-post into original thread. Please do not start a new thread for every question when people are try to help you in one already. If you need help in using the forum please ask.

Reaction score
You can also go to an Agway and pick up a large rubbermaid stock tank and I would also suggest running an inexpensive filter on what ever tank you go with. I would also suggest a reliable aerator so that you have plenty of disolved oxygen in the holding tank for your koi.

Reaction score
You haven't said how many and what type of fish. That will determine how many gallons and what type of filtration you'll need. Do you know anyone in the nearby area who is into ponds? Or, do you know any farmers or ranchers who might have a stock tank or two sitting around you could rent for the winter.

Watch Craigslist for your area. Might be a used pool or tank you can pick up cheap.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
My shubunkins are staying in my pond year round. The only things that I have done to get ready for winter is, trim back the dead or dying plants, remove and store the boi-filter, and add a 300 watt submersible aquarium heater.

Last year I didn't have a bio-filter, but basically I did the same thing last winter and my Shubunkins stayed healthy with no problems all throughout the winter.

Ask a Question