Netvines new small pond on the blocks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Another Trick i found with algae is to change some of the simple parameters such as tripling the amount of air that is pumped into the water. giving the bacteria that may be in deepest corners more o2 to thrive and beat down the string algae

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Another Trick i found with algae is to change some of the simple parameters such as tripling the amount of air that is pumped into the water. giving the bacteria that may be in deepest corners more o2 to thrive and beat down the string algae
Thank you! ill try moving the airstones under where the string algae is growing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
It managed to snow here in Northern California last month(never seen that before here) But the pond is cruising back into the spring, Anxious to see which bog plants will come back!

IMG_6725.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Its so nice when everything finds balance. We added a second barrel filter which is an upflow filter filled with 4cu ft static k1. I am still learning a lot and would have put static before moving bed but symmetry is nice.

Removed the waterfall which was nice, but loud, and a lot of maintenance. No more string algae at all in main pond.

A third of the water from pump goes to bog, the rest into middle tank which acts as a sort of swirl filter and catches sediment. Just the lillies in there now. And so all of the water goes through k1, static or moving bed before going back into the fish pond.

Attachments

• IMG_7156.jpeg
    IMG_7156.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7101.jpeg
    IMG_7101.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7087.jpeg
    IMG_7087.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 23

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Its so nice when everything finds balance. We added a second barrel filter which is an upflow filter filled with 4cu ft static k1. I am still learning a lot and would have put static before moving bed but symmetry is nice.

Removed the waterfall which was nice, but loud, and a lot of maintenance. No more string algae at all in main pond.

A third of the water from pump goes to bog, the rest into middle tank which acts as a sort of swirl filter and catches sediment. Just the lillies in there now. And so all of the water goes through k1, static or moving bed before going back into the fish pond.

Love your pretty fish and lily bloom! Nice clear water :happy:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wonder if the videos going blank and not showing the still from the video is left over from the last site issues

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I wonder if the videos going blank and not showing the still from the video is left over from the last site issues
I tried to make it work, It might be because its a “short” rather than a regular video.

Edit:

Here is a regular youtube upload, not a short for testing purposes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I tried to make it work, It might be because its a “short” rather than a regular video.

Edit:

Here is a regular youtube upload, not a short for testing purposes.
Yea that is showing the clip. it's funny some of the posts i did on some impressive pond builds have gone blank . don't know what end it's happening on but your is showing now

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
The message I see on the blank video says:
"Video unavailable
This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"
When I looked it up, I found this:
SME stands for Sony Music Entertainment, which is a major record label company that owns the rights to a vast catalog of music. On YouTube, the term SME is commonly used to refer to videos or channels that have had their content claimed or copyrighted by Sony Music Entertainment, and as a result, the video may be monetized by the record label instead of the original uploader.

So presumably, if there's any music playing in the background (even if it's just something playing on the radio, that just happened to get into the video) then the video gets blocked.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It's time to do to bud light to any other big business who forgets this is american and free speech.

Best buy actually is interviewing but you can not be white.
1 Well guess what dumbazz my money is no longer coming your way....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@netvine it shows this on your post for me:

Screenshot:
shot.png

But when I click Watch on YouTube it takes me right there and I can watch it. Not blank. I have seen others here too like that and I do the same and they always work. I do have an acct at YouTube tho.

Wonder what will happen if I try to post your video here from YouTube. Will it look the same? Let us see!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@netvine it shows this on your post for me:

Screenshot:
View attachment 159870
But when I click Watch on YouTube it takes me right there and I can watch it. Not blank. I have seen others here too like that and I do the same and they always work. I do have an acct at YouTube tho.

Wonder what will happen if I try to post your video here from YouTube. Will it look the same? Let us see!

Nope I have to click on Watch on YouTube but that's no biggy!
Doesn't it work that way for all of you having the option to just watch on YouTube?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds like youtube being the next photo bucket bully to me

Ask a Question