New book

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm being sent a new book from the US hopefully in 10 more days or maybe less it'll be here.
Sadly it means until then I'll be on tenderhooks until the postman arrives bearing gifts from affar, I really hate it when you know its coming but you dont know when dont you :D
If we miss posty it means a 10 mile round trip to the sorting office and after the break in there is no way we are going to advertise with a note to drop it next door with our neighbour, "even if the did catch the guy that did it".
The book in question is the AKCA's official book on koi health matters.
Its propper title is "The AKCA koi heath book" which is one of the books I have been after for quite a while now.
A dear friend has tracked a copy down for me and popped it in the post Free of charge, that is really nice dont you think ?
Pretty soon I'll be able to compare it with the South African Koi health book which is an ebook.
Well be able to gauge the differences in practices around the world hopefully picking up new tips weve never heard of before ,it'll also add to our ever growing Library :D.

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
That is so very true :D however they didnt say just when they popped it in the post soit could be less time/
I have a number of books ( well a whole library :) ) by differing Authors from around the World some things are different some are not but it will be the first time I can compare Official Health guides.

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I was sat at our computer with the front door open as it was such a nice warm day when thud the postman had arrived bearing gifts from over the pond which had got here in near record time.
There sat a large plain envelope covered in American Stamps with my name on it.
It was the book I was telling you all about The "AKCA Koi Health book". I opened it and found it was one of the most well informed koi books I have ever seen .
After completing resterdays waterchange and Vortex purge I set about reading it.
I found I just couldnt put it down couldnt, its a mine of information with ideas I had never thought about before.
I learned of a fluke I didnt know about The Eye fluke and its effects on the koi unlucky eough to be infected by them.
Injections but in a different way to which we would do it, as its done by preparing a fish in a plastc bag for ease of handling (we would have put the koi under anesthetic) first .
Internal Parasites how to treat them and identify them by putting fish feces under the microscope .
The Immune system in koi i;e Natural Immunity, Resistance, Aquired Immunity, Temperature and Immune Responce, Age and Immunity , Baccterins and Vaccines.
I could go on but I wont because it'll spoil your suprise at this book.
It's Fourty two pages of informaton vital to our koi .
I will however strongly recomend this book to any koi keeper.
There is a list of names of people who contributed to this book, no ISBN number, just the title "The AKCA Guide to Koi Health", published by the Associated Koi Clubs of America .

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question