New fish for me!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks for asking!

He is a terror in the tank lol. He got nipped once by the crayfish, just at the edge of his tail, which is not growing back nicely and no more incident (y)

When he first arrived he lost a bunch of scale, all came back nicely but the new scales are all white (he's yellowish gold) so I hope the color comes back soon.

I just put a female in there with him (my old one from the pond, she was chased in the spawning frenzy and was in a bad shape) and they first day he chased her around so I put him in a floating plant pot for a night lol... then after I let him out he's a good boy and they are now friends and hang out together. He's a lot bigger than her and slower too.

My tank is full of algae so I dont know if I can take pic right now. We are moving next week (cross fingers!) so when I get to move my tank i'll clean it, then i'll take pictures!

I decide that I'll keep him in the tank for a while. I wont be able to build my pond right away so my other fish will be at the old house until then...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sure, I'm always curious and enjoy stores about new fish friends :)

Glad to hear he wasn't injured too badly by the crayfish, I was worried about that.....

I'm not quite sure that when a fish loses scales that they come back the same color. But it would be interesting to know if they do, please let me know.

It's good that you removed your female from the pond since she was getting beat up during the spawning. Things can get really rough.

No problem on waiting for pics. Get your stuff moved and once your settled you can update with pictures.

Good luck on the move, I hope all goes well.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
my moving date got push back a bit. The granite for the island got messed up so no granite = no plumbing = no inspection = no electrician = no final inspection = wasting time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at least may be i'll have time to dig the pond before we move ;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
my moving date got push back a bit. The granite for the island got messed up so no granite = no plumbing = no inspection = no electrician = no final inspection = wasting time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at least may be i'll have time to dig the pond before we move ;)

Oh man, That stinks but like you said maybe you can get the pond dug while your waiting :LOL:

Ask a Question