New fish for me!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've been eyeing a yellow Watonai from rain garden for sometimes until just the other day when I said I'm going to get myself a valentine's day (good excuse?)

So my fish arrived today and he is alive and healthy.

BUT!!! He is not as yellow as I thought. He is pretty and gold, I just expected a more paler yellow I guess. AND he is HUGE!!!!!!!!!

He is now in my 55 gallon tank and he is huge in there. My poor guppies and crayfish never saw anything like this lol. I hope he will be ok in there for at least 2 months.

All in all I'm pretty happy. He will definitely add color to my pond. He has pretty flowing tail too.

Picture time...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I stopped at the koi fish farm while I was in NC and he had a lot of new fish and I was tempted but I resisted the temptation .He had some pretty yellow butterfly koi in his outdoor tanks .Had to resist 5 dollars a piece .Really Really hard :(

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice Valentine present! You got just what you wanted (y)

I don't mean to be a downer but aren't you afraid of the crayfish harming the new goldfish? I would worry about the long flowing tail especially if he sleeps or rests on the bottom of the tank.

Just something to think about....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States

Betta, I thought if that but I don't think there will be a problem. Well, I'm hoping there will not be a problem more like. The crays are a little less than half the goldfish size. But if there is a problem I'll have to figure it as it comes.

The fish color is getting yellower now. I love his color now. Really is a gold fish.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice Great pressie for your self!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
A very nice goldfish indeed Nephen well spotted and nice valentine pressy to boot :happy:

Dave

Reaction score
Country
United States

Betta, I thought if that but I don't think there will be a problem. Well, I'm hoping there will not be a problem more like. The crays are a little less than half the goldfish size. But if there is a problem I'll have to figure it as it comes.

The fish color is getting yellower now. I love his color now. Really is a gold fish.

Probably a little pale when it arrived due to stress from shipping. We will need some new pictures soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I stopped at the koi fish farm while I was in NC and he had a lot of new fish and I was tempted but I resisted the temptation .He had some pretty yellow butterfly koi in his outdoor tanks .Had to resist 5 dollars a piece .Really Really hard :(
Oh sissy, I would not have been able to resist...you are a stronger woman than me!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been thinking about them since .I took pics but none of them came out right .They darted around the holding tanks so fast .They are in a green house and he has about 10 tanks with fish in them .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I hardly able to resist temtation to buy fish so I told myself I will not look at fish, but that failed lol. I be been wanting yellow watonai goldfish and this is the only place I found that sell them.

He is a very real 'gold' color now. Which is very pretty.

Too bad I think my 55 gallon is too small for him. I really hope I could move him out soon... Poor guy seems tight in that tank. At least winter is halfway done!!!

Ask a Question