New fish I purchased - basement pond up and going

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Mrs. Clem, those are some beauties! I love the extra long tails on the couple that are red and black! VERY pretty with that black going down the topline. Yes, it will be lots of fun raising these babies to adults and see what they have. I'm already thinking of adding onto my pond in the spring/summer and giving the goldfish a separate pond to themselves, so I don't have any "intermingling" with the koi. :)

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We found a local importer that had a good selection and I was looking for butterfly rin rin. He also had what he called long fin which have fins much longer than butterfly so I could not resist! I even got some for the other pond that have some nice colors including a lot of pale blue.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Got back from my vacation last night around 11. Delays, small airplane minor accident at St. Louis airport, etc. caused our flight to be delayed. BUT, then I got to my truck and it had dead battery ... I left the GPS plugged in. To top it off, I was sick around 4 a.m. so this morning is very yucky so far. Had a hard time making myself get out of bed. I'm sure glad I have tomorrow off, too.
Fish in basement pool are all doing just fine. Will check water conditions soon and might have to do some water exchanges, but the water is still clear and everyone looks to be happy and healthy.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Welcome home Patti. Sorry about your not so pleasant start to the new year but ya see now it can only get better and good news that your fish are doing fine!

_bunnyinbedgetwell.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thanks, JW. I didn't even get out of bed until 11, and was back in bed by 11:30. Got back up at 3. I NEVER stay in bed like that, so knew I was sick. But, now have some food in me and feeling much better. Headache gone and so is the fever. Think I'll survive after all. :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good to hear you are on the road to recovery. Nice you have that extra day off to recover fully tho. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and hope your new year is a good one
HappyNewYearSmileyWavesSnow.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Get better, patti, being sick is yucky, I have missed being hit with colds and flus for a few years now.
We are almost home 4 more hours of driving. Hope my tiny tank fish are doing ok, put in some ponds plants for them to nibble on while we were gone. They are only about 1/2 inch in size.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, slept 12 straight hours, went to bed at 7:30 last night! Feel very groggy still. Need to get outside. Very windy, pond on north end is freezing, and waterfall is freezing - what's up with that??? And fountain is freezing on top! Rest of pond surface is clear. I need to check to make sure this wind freezing stuff did not make any problems with where the water comes out of the weir for the waterfall ... sure don't need an empty pond right about now. Want to leave everything up and running because besides today's temps being below freezing, later this week getting up to mid 50's again, and next 10 days out of the freeze zone. Want to keep everything running as long as possible.
Thanks for the well wishes. BTW, Addy. what little fishes do you have in a "tiny tank"??? Hope your drive home is uneventful. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
BTW, Addy. what little fishes do you have in a "tiny tank"??? Hope your drive home is uneventful. :)

They are the tiny babies that made it through a clear water pump, up 50 feet of pipe out the rock water fall to end up in the deck pond.
That pond will freeze solid, if it ever gets cold and stays cold so I brought them inside to save their little fins. Too tiny to stick in big pond for the winter. I put some of those pond plants that you sent in the little tank , they are growing like crazy, the little fish like swimming around the roots.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I found one lone little black goldie in my plant ring today but since that is floating in the pond I presume the little guy would make it just as well in the pond so scooped him outta the ring and into the pond where there are other tiny ones already. I wonder if he was glad to be w/ the other fish after being alone for so long. I thought I had gotten them all outta there at the end of summer.

Ask a Question