new from utah

Reaction score
:banana: Hello from utah, Wait a minuet and the weather will change. Been ponding for 15 years, learned a lot by trial and oops still got some things to learn I am sure.:eek2:

Reaction score
Welcome Pondlady. My husband and I would love to visit Utah. All we saw the first time was the Salt Lake City Airport on our way home from Jackson Hole, WY. We have only had a pond for almost a year and I bet you could teach me a thing or two. We have kept fish though, both salt and fresh. The pond is the only reason I sit outside in the Georgia humidity.

Reaction score
Glad to hear from you. I do believe that i have made about every mistake there is to make, but I learned from ever one. Just today I had to drain one pond catch the fish medicate them. Clean the pond and medicate it, before returning the fish to it. Flukes are my worst problem. Please feel free to ask. I don't do show koi but mine are beautiful just the same. Some are 25" long.

Reaction score
My largest koi is probably 8" long but again they are not even a year old yet. I don't think I have had any trouble with Flukes. Are they the same symptoms as aquarium fish, rubbing gills on rocks etc... If you haven't already, please take a look at our website and let me know if you have any suggestions. We do have a green tint to the water but it is not terrible. Also, do you have pictures of your pond? I would like to see and I can't come to Utah right now. I would love to but can't. Thanks, Melissa

Reaction score
Very nice indeed! Love it. I am not to good on this puter, so I will have my daughter help me and see if we can post some pics. Going to drain and clean the little pond today. Been a few years so it is in need of it. Dh ordered me a pond vac. but its not came yet, so I do it the old way today.Our mountains are still snow caped and very cold.

Ask a Question