New here - fish question

Reaction score
Country
United States
20200404_111411.jpg

Can anyone tell me what these black fish are? I have goldfish, koi and some minnows. Some of these black ones have a little blue tint to the, a few seem to be getting a little gold.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hard to say from pic, but look like either goldfish or minnows. Goldfish young are typically black then change colors as they grow. what type of minnows are in the pond?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what kind of minnows they are. I got them at the pet store. I put them in there to eat mosquito larva last year. I'm not sure if they're working or not. Thanks for your responses. I look forward to learning a lot from you all!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum!

I have a lot of small gray/black goldfish. With a little school like that it may be minnows. I had some for awhile, rosy red minnows, some of them were gray after awhile. But they did not survive over years they have all disappeared.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @Hanover Gardens ! They do look a lot like the young goldfish we see in our ponds. Some turn colors quickly, other stay black until they are a good size. We call those "stealth fish" because all of a sudden you realize there are a half dozen of them!

Ask a Question