New here.... ><>'

Reaction score
I have been in the aquarium industry for about 28 years, hobby for over 35. In mine for 21. Have some experience with small ponds like i have at home & at the shop. Sell pond fish & plants etc..
But now getting a little more advanced or trying to with a major project here at home with a in ground pond about 8x17 and deepest 4 foot. With a above ground window pond connected via 60 gallon rain catcher modded into a filter system. Will have a skimmer. Also a patio is going in around this modern looking pond.

I will be looking for help especially on doing a bottom drain or not???

thanks in advance
Dave Hale

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and bottom drains are good and bad .You have some experience ,more than me ,but bottom drains can leak during change of season and now with the threat of eathquakes the you never know is there .Plus they can suck up small fish ,taddies ,snails and even some plants.I am a big chicken and did even install a skimmer .But really don't need one because I don't really get anything blowing in my pond .Leaves on the trees just blow away to leaf heaven .I am up on a hill so get winds from every where .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomerat.gif
Dave

Ask a Question