New House, New Pond!

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Reaction score
Well,

I would like to thank everyone who has commented and provided advice in this thread. :)

After having read through many articles and having listened to many of you it would seem it is a better idea not
to have Koi and have the pond as a stricktly ornamental pond. Went back and fourth on the rock idea and finally
decided to let them go with there design and it is quite nice but not conducive to having Koi :( A very sad day
indeed.

Here are some pictures to completion except for all the flower beds and of course pond plants that we have to add.

Thank you all for following along this journey

1. almost there

AlmostComplete002.jpg

2. Pretty much filled with water

AlmostComplete007.jpg

3. The falls. :)

AlmostComplete008.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That is beautiful !!!! Love the falls. Sorry about the Koi thing. But, the pond is fabulous. Have fun with the landscaping. Keep sending pics of the progress.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful! glad you decided to skip on the koi, they would have made it hard to keep nice and would not have done well with the rocks.
Neat waterfall.

A ornamental pond can be just as great, bet you end up with frogs and other critters will move in. Keep us updated

If you ever decide to have koi, you could have a rock removing party! you will enough rock to do lots of stuff lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow love the look of it and since no fish, then no problems. Once you add lily's or lotus or whatever kinds of plants you choose I'm sure frogs will come and lay eggs and keep your skeeters away! I'd go for a swim if it was me standing there by it, lol!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very very nice! That looks great and very restful

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love it. You have a very nice set up! I bet you spend all your free time out there................I would.

Ask a Question