New ideas- feedback?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have pvc pipes that keep the netting up more like a tent and with the Birdx netting, you can't even see it. Saw a heron flying over yesterday so may just put the netting up and risk the snow damage.

Reaction score
are the joints moveable at all on the dummy? just an offhand idea, but if there's a nearby tree, maybe tie some fishing line to a branch and around one wrist of the dummy. don't know how you'd determine how much branch movement would work (or possibly be too much and rip the arm off), but as the tree sways in any breeze the arm would move or wave. maybe even if the birds tend to perch on a particular branch and you tied to that one, the waving would look like a reaction to the bird approaching.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
maybe a good realistic human looking scarecrow / dummy that was 'seated' on a chair in an area where people would normally be seated. and moved each day . then put a motion detector with a tape player attached so when the motion sensor is activated the tape player plays you yelling as you would if you were to see the preditor yourself.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This is a 7' life size dummy that is poseable. Was planning on dressing it in my old rain suit and setting him on the bench and then moving him every couple of days. I think it is probably going to scare me more than the birds as everytime I go in the room where I have it , it freaks me out!

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 290

Ask a Question