New Member in NC

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum, but have been lurking here for about a month.

My first pond was a pre-formed from Lowes that we put in about 9 years ago. We kept that one about 4-5 years and I decided I wanted something bigger. So, my husband dug out bigger one, approximately 7x9x2 (we have 10 mature feeder goldfish and 3 koi, the largest is about 13 inches. I really didn't do the proper research when planning and it does not have adequate filtration, so we are digging a new one. Not sure of the size yet, still in the planning stages.

I think I am becoming addicted to this forum, there is so much information and so many kind people willing to share it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thats nice of you to say that and it's not an addiction it's a hobby say that over and over again LOL problem is you won't be cured you just get deeper into it .Not the pond either .But really it's more fun and relaxing than people cam imagine

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hope you have a big room because there are quite a few of us here some admit it some don't you may have to do interventions too .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomet56.gif
riparks
It's a good idea to try and make your pond as large as you can possibly allow and at least 3 or 4ft deep or better. That way you will have less problems w/ predators and you will have more oxygen and room for your koi to grow. Lot's of good people here w/ good ideas to help you. Happy pondering :LOL:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the group! All addicts welcome.

smileywelcome687.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Riparks, Welcome to the forum! The forum is much more fun to join then just be a bystander. It sounds like you have some interesting experiences already with ponding and I look forward to your insight. I think many of us either have expanded our ponds or are considering it including me!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. DrDave, please let us know when and where those meetings are, it seems that I am not the only one that needs them!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Keith, I really don't have much insight, just learning from mistakes, lol. I am reading everything I can on this forum!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
riparks said:
Keith, I really don't have much insight, just learning from mistakes, lol. I am reading everything I can on this forum!!

Laughing that is how most of us learn! mistakes

Ask a Question