New Member ?s

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome,
The previous liner was black plastic? If you have been watching videos then I'd assume you have seem that most koi and garden ponds use epdm rubber. There are other alternatives. To achieve 30" thick ice it has to get good and cold and stay there for a good long time. here in new England we never see more then a foot.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I say black plastic, it's heavy, haven't ripped into it yet, and when we vacuumed water and sludge out it was very resilient, but it leaks and no obvious hole. We have checked all hoses, connections and such, nope, it's the pond leaking. Also felt real bad about tadpoles we displaced, they were doing an excellent job of algae eating! Rehomed several frogs, bullfrogs!
But this is just wonderful to have helpful, encouraging people to feed off of!
Thanks for the comments & greetings!

Reaction score
Country
United States
1 pic of rained in garden pond, dark dreary very cool day. IMG_20181013_184359.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Your not too far from us, based on weather patterns, I’d say the stuff that just blew past us and flooded me in is what y’all’ve been getting. I’m slightly west, south west in northern Oklahoma. We used to live in Arkansas just south of Branson. I’ve got an idea. Maybe other members can pitch in if it’d work. You’ll need a few highlighter markers, a small black light, and a bit of rubbing alcohol. Take the markers apart, use the rubbing alcohol to extract the ink, then add it to the pond. Give it 24 hours, then use the black light to find location of leak! Since it doesn’t have any swimmers/ fish, shouldn’t hurt anything.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Really? Well I will certainly try that, I tried milk as it was leaking, ( something internet search came up with and no luck ) so I would have to fill up slightly higher than present and go from there, huh, can't hurt! Thanks

Ask a Question