Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Gigi, from Texas and have been in the pond/koi hobby 8 years now.

The past four years my koi have been spawning. I really enjoy that aspect of the hobby. Raising fry and seeing these tiny things turn into beautiful koi. It's fun.

I have a 3,500 gallon natural pond and a 1,500 gallon above ground brick pond and they can be connected or disconnect a will.

Hope to learn from and share with others in this hobby.

Reaction score
Hi Gigi,

Can you briefly describe how you connected the two ponds? I was thinking of doing that also.

Reaction score

Gravity fed system just pump back to both ponds and the above ground brick pond has a ball valve I can close and open when needed, from the last, clean chamber. It's a cement 4 x 4 x 8 rectangle with four over and under chambers. I only clean it twice a year. Of course, I'm not raising show koi though. So I get algae and everything in there. So the main pond has to be maintained about 2 - 3 times a month. That's just cleaning up plants and vacuuming the bottom and 20% water change.

In the Youtube video you can see the brick pond. You can probably see the main pond in some of the other videos posted too.

Hope it helps, I'm not technically inclined. My husband did it and left me to it. Only if there's a problem does he want to be bothered now.

Reaction score
Thank you.

My Grand daughter has just about doubled in size like the koi, since then. That was about two years ago now. She still had that innocence and amazement about her. But, boy, now she can tell you like it is. lol. As a matter of fact, she knows everything at the age of four.

Can you tell she's my only one. :blueflower: and I'm crazy about her.

I think I see some hobby breeders like me in here. Love it.

Ask a Question