New Patio Pond build

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
As far as your comment about roots, be sure to cut them back behind the wall as much as possible, as they can and will poke through your liner over time. I had tons of roots, and just used a pruner to cut the smaller ones, then packed the clay on top of the hole I created to get to the root farther back, and a saw or ax to cut the larger ones back deeper in the side of the wall. I even used the nylon/plastic whatever the dog food bags are made of these days to go under my carpeting and underlayment, to create an additional layer of protection.
I always thought if you poured concrete, you needed a footing or some type of base different than the soil? Also, your soil is so black, it looks like top soil to me. ;)
Can't wait to see your finished project.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had tar paper here and not used 15 lb and 60 lb roofing felt so figured it would not hurt and maybe keep moles from chewing through my liner again .Plus I put down lots of milky spore no grubs no moles ( I hope ).I found lots of grubs under my liner

Ask a Question