queen700.gif

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes love grass joints! Ha ha ha ...., I had read a article a few years back, in this magazine, about how they should reclaim street water, in big city's like Toronto Canada. Large areas of the city used to be creeks and streams, now lost wetlands, when the city was developed. In the article they said that the water from the city streets should be cleaned using large sedges, as they are the most powerful for photosynthesis filtration, and they could rebuild marsh areas and have the city street water flow into these new sedge wetlands, and the water would get cleaned by the sedges, as they clean everything very well. I thought that was a good idea to reclaim street water, and a really good idea for ponds too, to have "photosynthesis filtration" cleaning the pond. In town here in the newer areas, they have walk paths and little ponds filled with cat-tails, grasses, rushes all around, and a metal colvert under the street re-directs the street water runoff into this pond, and out a stream, all lined with natural sedges, and then flows back to the river. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love that they give shade and just gotta love when the blow in the breeze and make that great rustling sound .Thats the main reason I have them in my landscaping .

Ask a Question