New Pond to be built, need suggestion for Aerator and Current Pump (see plans picture)

Reaction score
Country
United States
New pond to be dug in next couple weeks, clay bottom, 6.5 feet deep in middle, about 50' x 150' in size. Couple things I'm thinking about adding ahead of filling it with water:

1. an aerator in middle (close to deep center hole) that would run all year. I plan on burying the tube and have it pop up next to solar panel and battery mounted on North side of pond. Any suggestions for DC powered aerator?

2. a pump to add a small current around the pond. I would also like this to be DC so I can hook right up to solar and battery. This current will help keep from stagnent. Any suggestions for DC powered current pump?

3. good to know I will have to add some supplemental water via sprinkler in summer. I plan to have that on edge of pond which will also help a little bit with stagnent water.

I plan to add sunfish and bass at some point and when digging is complete will lay a log or two anchored in bottom for structure. If no good DC options for aerator or current pump, I could always use inverter to convert of battery to "normal" plug in power (you just lose some power during that process). Any suggestions, please let me know. thank you

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 3.16.09 PM.png

Last edited:

Ask a Question