United States
(y) Yea -- go for it! (y)

image.jpg

BSA Tenderfoot Rank Patch

I wish him the best with his SMC & BOR!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
With the hyacinth growing rampant and the recent yellowing of an otherwise luscious green mat, he decided a to pull half of the hyacinth and donate it to the neighbors temporary pond. The lettuce has been yellowing steadily for a couple of weeks now so we suspect a nitrogen deficiency.

He added a plant fertilizer pellet yesterday so maybe that will help. Half the previous amount of hyacinth should help too.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
He sounds like a great kid to have! Scouting is a good way to go and teaches them good values and lots of fun. Course he is a ponderer also which makes him perfect :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Lol, well perfect he isn't but a pretty good kid nonetheless. I'll keep him. :)

Here's a pic of the donated hyacinth. Meant to upload this the other day but had phone troubles.

Attachments

• IMG_20140813_174552.jpg
    IMG_20140813_174552.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 216
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
We've also started to help our neighbor with their little pond. They had a big one, but we had a very hard winter and it froze solid, killing everything but one lily. They drained it and have a preformed plastic pond sitting off to the side holding their lily. They've been very busy with house things and in talking to him, he said he wanted to get the pong going again, but was having a hard time getting time. The little "temporary" pond had gotten quite icky in the meantime.

So the last couple of days we have started adding more water and cleaning a little here and there. It already looks a lot better.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ponds take our time but it is good fun in doing so. What the heck would I do w/o my pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
This weekend he did a good cleaning. He also needed to depot his taro since it has been blowing over every day. it was in 4 inch pot and too top heavy. He found an 8 inch plastic pot with no drainage holes at Lowes and we repotted it too.

He also bought two new fish since we were down to the last comet and he didn't want it to be lonely. He bought a calico fantail and a calico pearlscale fantail. The three are now swimming all over together, and we see the comet more frequently now. I really like the calico fantail. I can't get good pics yet though since they are still skittish around us.

Here's a pic from this morning. Since he got the new fish he put all but one of each of his hyacinth and lettuce in the neighbor pond so he can see the fish.

View attachment 75024

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hello everyone, it's been a while since we've posted. We brought his pond inside for the winter. The comet and snails have grown quite a bit. We plan on moving it back outside within the next few days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 228

Ask a Question