New to Ponds! Just saying HI, have a few questions, and looking forward to learning lots!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MichaelR, Sep 2, 2016.

1. MichaelR

haver79

What a beautiful place! Your pond is lovely. Its wonderful the previous owners left you with so much information.

No one has mentioned the light in the upside down bucket for overwintering. That concerns me and I wonder if there is any need to worry about this being safe. Maybe there is no reason for concern as it seems like the previous owners must of used this method routinely. I am in zone 5 and have to take measures so the pond does not freeze over. I do not keep my pond running all winter but use a combination of an areator, pond heater and pond breather. The pond breather would suffice but I like to make sure I have an area open in the water so I can see down in there. I like to see whats going on down there with my fishies!

haver79, Sep 4, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. MichaelR

snoozer

You have a beautiful property. I use pond breathers in my pond and they seem to do the job quite well. Before I bought them i used a tote floating unside down in the pond with a 40 watt light bulb inside. It actually worked works quite well. I coated the light bulb with clear silicone so that just in case the cold water hit the bulb it wouldn't shatter and drop glass in to the pond.

snoozer, Sep 5, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. MichaelR

bagsmom

Beautiful! You found yourselves a little piece of heaven! I would love a log home up north, but I am down south where it is just stinkin' hot all the time, it seems! LOL
    Love your pictures of the pond, property and critters! What fun!

bagsmom, Sep 5, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question