New to Ponds ... Just wanted to introduce/share

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_2157.PNG
How about a product like this, but I don't know if this is available in your locality? Its certainly not as expensive as the rock on a roll and would give some extra grip to the ledge as it's got the small pebbles as a rough surface. Would something like what we call 'cushion floor' here in the U.K. work I wonder, its a vinyl floor covering we use in kitchens or bathrooms? Just a couple of thoughts.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi and welcome. What a cute story. I hope you and your wife get more satisfaction from the pond than the hot tub!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You're welcome! How about a wooden batten or better still a black plastic tube which wouldn't rot, fastened to your edging (somehow!) to sit along the pond side of the ledge? Rocks, baskets etc then wouldn't slide in and flat rocks could overhang it just enough to disguise it. It wouldn't have to be big bore pipe.

perhaps irrigation tubing cut in half or 3/4 ( to look like pac man ish from the side) and use as a planter area?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, thanks for all the suggestions. I really did like the Rock-On-A-Roll option but it was way too cost prohibitive. So I went with a different option. I happy to say the project is done. As this is is my first pond and needless to say first pond with goldfish, I was wondering if it's a good thing that they always chase each other around the pond and constantly swarming each other? I currently have three Sarassa and two Shubunkin goldfish.

Our Hot Tub Pond ... Completed!
=========================

Playful Goldfish in our Hot Tub Pond
============================

Again, thanks for all the comments!

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
That looks great! What a lovely idea to convert it, the trellis idea works well. Keep an eye on the duckweed, it can multiply like wildfire while your back is turned.

Your fish have probably worked out which one is the female, especially of she's in the minority! As long as they're not damaging the one that's being chased, all should be ok. You seem to have plenty of places for her to hide amongst the plants away from the overly amorous suitors.

Ask a Question