New user, new small-ponder, lots to ponder

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@johan The ledge of the surround is above the level of the tub and right up to the edge, so I could see rainwater draining off into the container water. Granted, not a lot, but since this is a smallish container [in my experience] it wouldn't take much leeching (or is it leaching? -- sorry, it's "leaching" -- just looked it up) of the wood to affect the water color. So, @Skeletor916, just something to keep in mind.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
@rodsboys don't you have a similar pond with a wood surround? Do you have any problems with water running off the wood into the pond?
My pond is actually wood structure, not just a surround. I do have my top "rails" exposed and water can easily run into the pond from them during rain or an overfill. Mine a pine though and I have not experienced any issues with chemicals or tannins leaking in. I plan to some day change out the pine for either cedar or composite decking.

Ask a Question