New waterfall construction in way!

Reaction score
Update video of us having the waterfall pretty much tore out, and what we're gonna be doing, I will have a video up of how many holes that liner had in it (alot) and yeah, new waterfall under way. Question: At home depot we saw Bath liner, for under the tub, and we were wondering would this be stronger than thick pond liner? or is pond liner still the way to go? thanks! -Zack

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have bought the shower liner, bath liner, I think that would be a lot more expensive then a pond liner. It comes out to be a little less than a dollar a sq foot.
It is tough stuff though.

It is usually only 4 feet in width also, so you would have a lot of seaming to do.

If I were you I would stick with pond liner.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
ZackThePondMaster said:
Update video of us having the waterfall pretty much tore out, and what we're gonna be doing, I will have a video up of how many holes that liner had in it (alot) and yeah, new waterfall under way. Question: At home depot we saw Bath liner, for under the tub, and we were wondering would this be stronger than thick pond liner? or is pond liner still the way to go? thanks! -Zack

The bath liner is not as flexible as the firestone 45mil liner IMO but it would work. But as mentioned it will cost more. I spent @$40 for a piece for my shower that was @ 4'x5'. My 25'X35' 45 mil liner was @$300 if I remember correctly.

Reaction score
The shower curtains are PVC if I remember. Will degrade over time. Also not as stretchy as epdm to compensate for settling.

Reaction score
KennethO said:
The shower curtains are PVC if I remember. Will degrade over time. Also not as stretchy as epdm to compensate for settling.

see, my only problem is my dad, being as old as he is, is in the "I don't care, we're doing it this way" kind of stage, and he wont be convinced we need pond liner, even if I bring up it might contain pvc..

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
ZackThePondMaster said:
see, my only problem is my dad, being as old as he is, is in the "I don't care, we're doing it this way" kind of stage, and he wont be convinced we need pond liner, even if I bring up it might contain pvc..

I would explain to him that it will cost you more, is not as flexible and that you would have to have a lot of seams depending on the size you plan to build increasing your chances for a leak.

Also when you shoot your video try not to move it from one point to the other so fast. Slow easy movement allows us to see all your hard work better. It takes some practice as I still have a long way to go when it comes to videos too.

Reaction score
taherrmann4 said:
I would explain to him that it will cost you more, is not as flexible and that you would have to have a lot of seams depending on the size you plan to build increasing your chances for a leak.

Also when you shoot your video try not to move it from one point to the other so fast. Slow easy movement allows us to see all your hard work better. It takes some practice as I still have a long way to go when it comes to videos too.

thanks for the tip, all this was recorded with my phone, and later I will be using my sisters 13 mega pixel camera for it. and, He's hard headed, and he just wont understand, and I don't want to piss hm off, because he will get MAD.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Do some research, and just show him what you find out about how long different liners last, how strong they are etc.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Zack another suggestion I would try is to weigh out the pros and cons of using each. Maybe cut and paste some of these posts into a word document that backs up your decision on which to use. So now you have a list with your pros and cons and some documention from the forum now take this to him in and explain it to him why your opinion is to use one over the other. If he still wants to use the bath liner ask him why he feels that this would be the best route. Just keep the conversation going in a positive direction. Don't come off like a know it all.

Good luck.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hey zack! Would love to help you with some of the problem areas you pointed out, but to be honest it is real hard to see what your issues are because it is so dark, your video and dark outside lol.

Love the sound, looks like you are getting it going. Looks like a very nice stream.

Film slowly each section and explain what the problem is and I will see if I can help, or some one else could help you.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
LOL, when I watched the video, I kind of felt like I had been to a head bangers ball, Or maybe a Rave, Never been to one but with the right music I think I got a good idea of what one would be like! LOL Slow down and take one during daylight. maybe some of us old folks can keep up and assist. LOL

Reaction score
fishin4cars said:
LOL, when I watched the video, I kind of felt like I had been to a head bangers ball, Or maybe a Rave, Never been to one but with the right music I think I got a good idea of what one would be like! LOL Slow down and take one during daylight. maybe some of us old folks can keep up and assist. LOL

LOL, if I am feeling up to it, after I take two advil and rest for a little, I will see how, if at all, land.

Ask a Question