Newb w/ a micro pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! :)
Thank yoi for the warm welcome
Yes use dechlorinater for your water if they put Chlorine/Chloramine in your water where you live otherwise the fish will all die or suffer ill effects. http://pondplace.com/dangersofchlorine.aspx
Thanx i just used that today
Hopefuly theyll be fine now
Another thing i juat bought a water lily only to find out it needs 4 to 6 hours of sunlight
I have about 2 hours of sunlight only
My neigjboors tree is blocking the sun

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Ikanahpupok any way you can talk your neighbor into trimming that tree.................maybe offer to help or give a gift of a nice bottle of wine :)
The lilies will need lots of sunshine to bloom. You already bought the lily so all you can do is give it a try.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
As for raising fish for food, look into hydroponics. A lot of folks use the ibc totes, with many of them. Or you could buy an above ground pool, if you have the space. I was using my pool as a pond, but I’m on well water, so I didn’t have to worry about chemicals in the water ( until the field south of me got sprayed and caused a die off) My best advice is do lots of research, talk to others, learn before you get your fish.
Guppies are great easy fish. One thing to watch for is weather, rain can flush fish out.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Ikanahpupok any way you can talk your neighbor into trimming that tree.................maybe offer to help or give a gift of a nice bottle of wine :)
The lilies will need lots of sunshine to bloom. You already bought the lily so all you can do is give it a try.

I already asked them
But that tree bares fruit so they cant cut it down
Hope for the best i guess
Trial and error
Charged to experience i guess

All i wanted is to have lota of guppies in that pond
I just love the different colors

Reaction score
Country
United States
As for raising fish for food, look into hydroponics. A lot of folks use the ibc totes, with many of them. Or you could buy an above ground pool, if you have the space. I was using my pool as a pond, but I’m on well water, so I didn’t have to worry about chemicals in the water ( until the field south of me got sprayed and caused a die off) My best advice is do lots of research, talk to others, learn before you get your fish.
Guppies are great easy fish. One thing to watch for is weather, rain can flush fish out.
20181112_173546.jpg

This what i have now 85 gallon i have one water lily in there too with those plants
I put in a divider so these plantz will not tangled up with the lily
I think i have abput 6 guppies in there
Some died
Hoping its ok now that i put that water treatment

For my round tub i put in one water lily
Male and female guppy

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Every time you add new water you will need to add the de-chloronater /Chlormine treatment according to how much water you add.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have read that if you put in too much it won't hurt unless you put in a gallon and the water starts foaming up maybe. You could take a container like for instance for a gallon or 5 gallon bucket and treat that for the correct amount and then pour that treated water into your pond.

Reaction score
Country
United States
20181114_155730.jpg
20181114_155745.jpg

Thanx for all the help guys
I think my fishes are now very happy
Their now swimming all over up and down
Not like before they stay at the bottom

Reaction score
Country
United States
Glad you are happy w/your fish and wow your lily is blooming and it's a pretty one!

Hahah i bought it like that
They have a lot of water lilies there
Its so hard to choose and all of them are blooming i removed some of the leaves looks betyer that way
20181113_111955.jpg

Ask a Question