Thank you for the warm welcome

If im success withthis set up
I want to try a tilapia or carp
For food
With bigger pond ofcourse

Reaction score
Country
Thqnx guys

So yesterday i noticed some baby fishes were swimming inside the water lettuce and on the leaves
Should i removed those babies in the pond of just let it go

Reaction score
Welcome to the GPF!

Guppies are going to breed like, well, guppies. I would just let them control the population on their own if I were you - don't feed them and they'll take care of it.

I have to ask - 100 gallons for how many tilapia? I know they farm raise tilapia in very crowded conditions, but that's one of the reasons why farm raised fish is far less desirable than wild caught - you may be able to keep the fish alive in poor conditions, but it doesn't make for healthy fish.

Reaction score
Country
20181112_173546.jpg

I end up with a 75 gallon for my guppies
I used tap water
Should i use treatment for the water?
Do i need air pump for them
Or this set up is fine?

Thanx

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Welcome to the GPF!

Guppies are going to breed like, well, guppies. I would just let them control the population on their own if I were you - don't feed them and they'll take care of it.

I have to ask - 100 gallons for how many tilapia? I know they farm raise tilapia in very crowded conditions, but that's one of the reasons why farm raised fish is far less desirable than wild caught - you may be able to keep the fish alive in poor conditions, but it doesn't make for healthy fish.

Thank you for the warm welcome
Ill hold for the tilapia
I wanna .ake sure i know what im doing first

Reaction score
Country
Welcome to the forum! :)
Thank yoi for the warm welcome
Yes use dechlorinater for your water if they put Chlorine/Chloramine in your water where you live otherwise the fish will all die or suffer ill effects. http://pondplace.com/dangersofchlorine.aspx
Thanx i just used that today
Hopefuly theyll be fine now
Another thing i juat bought a water lily only to find out it needs 4 to 6 hours of sunlight
I have about 2 hours of sunlight only
My neigjboors tree is blocking the sun

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
@Ikanahpupok any way you can talk your neighbor into trimming that tree.................maybe offer to help or give a gift of a nice bottle of wine :)
The lilies will need lots of sunshine to bloom. You already bought the lily so all you can do is give it a try.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
As for raising fish for food, look into hydroponics. A lot of folks use the ibc totes, with many of them. Or you could buy an above ground pool, if you have the space. I was using my pool as a pond, but I’m on well water, so I didn’t have to worry about chemicals in the water ( until the field south of me got sprayed and caused a die off) My best advice is do lots of research, talk to others, learn before you get your fish.
Guppies are great easy fish. One thing to watch for is weather, rain can flush fish out.

Ask a Question