sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I want to get a look at his face because I wonder if he may have barbels also .I know almost all the babies I gave away have long flowing tails and people have sent me E-mails telling me how beautiful they are .I have gotten a couple of pics also via E- mail .I actually only have 1 fish in my pond that does not have a flowing tail that is like these

Reaction score
Country
United States
They can be butterfly or fancy tails and be koi or goldfish .I have both I think it is a mixture of the fish I have in the pond .The yellow fancy tail which I thought was a goldfish after almost 5 years now has little tiny barbels .They are so small they are barely noticeable .5 years is a long time and now just noticed them the other day .He was black at first then he added gold to the mixture and then white also and then he turned all white and now after this past winter he is yellow .My gold one has a mixture of light red and white and he is the same age but I have not gotten a good look at his face .I started my pond with 6 fish and now have 16 and given lots of pretty fish away .The doctor that comes here is thinking about doing a pond in his front yard .I am sure he has good money to put into also .
the tail is beautiful. i'm definitely will buy some more fish for the pond. its just that i have to pick carefully and find good ones

Reaction score
Country
United States
so i snap a picture of Batman and Robin yesterday. They are always together. you will also notice how murky the bottom of my pond is. Need some suggestions on how to clean it effectively
comets in pond.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Do you ever net the bottom? Find a fish net that has the top edge flat, if possible. Then use it to slowly scoop up anything on the bottom. Leaves and dirt and other stuff blows into the ponds during the winter and spring, and once you net it out it will clear up quicker. If you use some quilt batting and put that under an outflow of water (like waterfall or such), you will catch more of the fine silt that gets stirred up. I use a product my sister gave me 3 years ago and I LOVE, called Pond Perfect. I get the gallon size, it's about $80, but it lasts several years. It helps loosen up the algae on the sides, and also makes the muck on the bottom "matt" together. I snag it and it seems to keep coming and coming out! But, if you don't want to put any chemicals into your pond, just use a net every now and then.

Reaction score
Country
United States
i've been using a pool net to net out some debris but lately i've been using little pick-up i bought from Harbor Freight for $2 that can pick up leaves and debris. It's a tedious process but its actually enjoyable to do it. i plan on doing on a regular basis. The pond is actually looking better. Can't wait for my water lilies to come back to life.
DSC_00050.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
haha I have 3 of those things they are great ,one in the kitchen ,one in the basement and one for the pond .For short people they are great .I love them

Reaction score
Country
United States
I went to Livingscape, a pond shop near my house and bought a few fishy today. Bought 2 Shubunkin (Tyrone and Cornelius) , 1 premier white Koi (Snow White), and one butterfly Koi (Goldie Lock). They are acclimating well to the pond. My two comets (Batman and Robin) seems to enjoy their new neighbor
first day of school.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was there (livingwaterscape) last week and going to go back as I got my vip card now .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
No I am going to pick it up next time because my sister and I had to pick up her hubby in Greensboro .He is an over the road trucker .I did not want to leave a fish in the bag for that long .Plus with the vip card you get 10 percent off every thing

Attachments

• hail and mistic 021.JPG
    hail and mistic 021.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 218
  • hail and mistic 022.JPG
    hail and mistic 022.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 246

Ask a Question