Newly Refurbished

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I feed them well, and there is other vegatation they nibble at they do eat the leaves but even I was suprised they have not up-rooted them I grew the from tubers at 5 different depths in tubs then put them at the bottom of the pond before we filled it they have realy thick stems I think I just got lucky ive had 4 flowers already and they are only 14 mths old

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Very nice looking project! What are you running for filters? I like the informal to formal look, Well done, that's not easy to do and keep it looking right, It doesn't look like it but in one pic I thought I saw a bottom drain pit, did you install a bottom drain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
fishin4cars said:
Very nice looking project! What are you running for filters? I like the informal to formal look, Well done, that's not easy to do and keep it looking right, It doesn't look like it but in one pic I thought I saw a bottom drain pit, did you install a bottom drain?

No bottom pit I have got 2 filters running at the back far back of pond 1 x Koi Yamitsu Black Box Filter with 25w UV,

also I have UV Sterilizer Clarifier Filter 72w plumbed at the side of the pond (fence side) 1 x POND AIR PUMP 3500 LPH 3 big airstones 3 x submersible water pumps

I have a skimmer in there but hardly use it

Attachments

• $(KGrHqQOKosE33(oOzvgBOE2(So!Mg~~0_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqQOKosE33(oOzvgBOE2(So!Mg~~0_3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 264
  • clarke.jpg
    clarke.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 296
  • Koi Yamitsu Mega XL Black Box Filter.jpg
    Koi Yamitsu Mega XL Black Box Filter.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 244
  • UV Sterilizer Clarifier Filter 72w.jpg
    UV Sterilizer Clarifier Filter 72w.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 278

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well your set up is perfect for your pond, it is looking clear, the fish look great, the plants look great.

It is so nice when it all the hard work comes together.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well it depends on how you look at it, the pond and bog are done, sort of lol. We have the skimmer plumbed in but the weir is not cut in. When we get ready to cut the weir, (need to drain down the pond by x) we will at the same time plumb it to the pump, the pipe is run just that last little connection to do. Honey likes doing the pvc work so being done on his schedule lol......slowly

The stream, I have liner showing here and there needs to get covered up.

The top of the stream is going to start on top of the deck, honey still working on the new deck. He works so I am patient with his time schedule. Once the deck is done I need to finish the top of the stream, I am thinking of having the stream start on the deck, with a water fall in to the stream (about 4 feet down) Everything is sloped from our house.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nice filter! I saw one similar to that at one of the dealers ponds locally. Impressive set-up!
Looks like it's doing it's job very well! Thanks!

Ask a Question