Next new pond

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
I was dead on my feet yesterday. Today I slept in till nearly noon and am thinking of going back to bed.

Yesterday I hauled the last two buckets of dried pond sludge out of the pond. Swept the liner with a corn broom. In the picture you can see the now almost clean liner and the rolled up liner that will replace it in the foreground,

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3027]

Last night we got half an inch of much needed and welcome rain.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3028]

The plan is to fold the sides of a liner in like a tissue. That should allow it to be rolled up nicely.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Better here then to start a new thread.

I have been thinking about how what I do differs from most other members. It guess it is the same thing that drove me to choose engineering as a profession. I need to make things. Buying something that just works or rearranging rocks does not do it for me.

Anyway

Took the 75% shade cloth cover off the containers and used it on the south face of the old greenhouse roof (aka junk storage). It will be serving as a fish house for a while.

Found the cloth cover for a pavilion in the old greenhouse and erected the pavilion over the containers of the 1000+ system.

pavilion.jpg

There was not enough sunlight getting to the lilies in the containers under the pavilion so I moved one to the snapset. The 1000+ has been doing well. Nitrates were down to 10ppm which is a good thing with tap water at 30 or 35PPM. I attribute that to about 10 bare root pot sized lilies which are are in the front container. There is also about 2 sq feet of duckweed growing in the far left container.

duckweed2.jpg

Ask a Question