Nexus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I currently fun a kockney koi multi bay filter which is gravity fed, and then pumped back to the pond, can I add a nexus 320 after the pump

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1649192853795.gif
@brianfenn
Somebody other than me will need to help you as I know nothing about this filter.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! No idea. Have you contacted the company to see if they are compatible?

I see where you joined us back in 2015.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm hardly an expert on man made filters. Your filter is both mechanical as well as bio but as the materials clog they will choke out the bio. The nexus if I'm not mistaken your looking at running k media that is definately more in line with a good bio filter. If I had to choose I'd look at a shower as while the nexus routes by floating the media to provide as much oxygen for the bacteria to thrive the showers are the media is not in water but suspended in the air and the water drips over the media . Maximizing o2 and self cleaning. The nexus is good at that as well.
Have you ever though about a bog / up flow wetland filter. The picture below is my pond at night . 6 feet deep and currently only running on the small 6x8 pea stone bog as I have both and have been re working the main bog. After 5 years I was amazed how clean the rock still was. I tried to pump out the centipede but got next to nothing after 4 years of large koi.
20220405_210554.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question