Nitrite high! Help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
sounds like you're good to go, now. Old kits can easily go bad. Just for the warm fuzzies, do the test a couple more times consequentially and make sure they're all in the same ballpark.

Reaction score
Country
United States
sounds like you're good to go, now. Old kits can easily go bad. Just for the warm fuzzies, do the test a couple more times consequentially and make sure they're all in the same ballpark.
Okay so did the test again with the old and the new kit and both say that nitrates are 0 and nitrates are 0. Thank goodness! Not sure what happened but I'm already down four drinks from the stress!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yeah, I got into the habit of buying new testing materials every year — despite the expiration date. I don’t test a lot any more, but knowing that my testing solutions are fresh gives me peace of mind when I do test the water.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey this is crazy. just did levels again with a new kit that we bought today because I thought maybe the other fluids from last years kit were corrupted or expired or whatever. Nitrite and nitrate are ZERO(???????) With the new kit. Both are api master test kits
So now obviously I don't use the prime right? (We got three bottles!)
And I'm still planning on starting the waterfall etc tomorrow.

Reaction score
I purchase the Prime (and Stability) from Amazon with their subscribe and save deliveries as none of our local pet stores offer it. There is one a little further away that may offer it and I know i should try to give them my business, but i typically dont drive that way/far anymore this past year...
Ditto on having Prime around in case - i use it for inside and outside fish.

Ask a Question