No longer have a pond!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well it has been a long time since I have been here. This past May we sold our house and it was sad to see the pond go and all the hard work we put into it. Hopefully the new owners can keep it going. Couple last photos we took are below.
IMG_2937.2015-05-19_142705.JPG
IMG_2854.2015-05-06_145524.JPG
IMG_2938.2015-05-19_142716.JPG
IMG_2855.2015-05-06_145529.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
That truly is beautiful. I felt the same way when I left our old rental house with my tiny 360 gallon pond. I provided the new tenants with all the info they could possibly want to keep it running after I left, but I did move my fish.

Like Maria said... how soon till the digging starts?

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh, it would have been so hard to leave the paradise you created. As mentioned above - when do you start the new pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Wow! I would find it very hard to part with my house. We have put so much work into it.

Did you sell to move areas? or to get a different style/type/size house?

Also if you don't mind me asking, was the pond a benefit or a hindrance when it came time to sell? I have often wondered that about my pond.

And the same question that has been asked above, when do you start digging? ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Lovely pond. Is that a tree growing in the pond, very cool if it is! I too am curious about if the pond was a plus or minus when selling the house.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Wow! I would find it very hard to part with my house. We have put so much work into it.

Did you sell to move areas? or to get a different style/type/size house?

Also if you don't mind me asking, was the pond a benefit or a hindrance when it came time to sell? I have often wondered that about my pond.

And the same question that has been asked above, when do you start digging? ;)

Yes we relocated to Louisville Ky.

Yes the pond became a hindrance to sell the house. It was seen as a negative for most people and the extensive landscaping in the backyard did not help either. Our realtor told us that we were going to have to find the right buyers and it may be difficult. It took us 8 months to sell.

We are building a new house and it won't be finished until October.so will have to wait until next year. I also don't have as big a yard in our new house. SO not sure what were going to do.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Lovely pond. Is that a tree growing in the pond, very cool if it is! I too am curious about if the pond was a plus or minus when selling the house.

Yes it is a tree in the pond but it is in a 10 gallon pot. Will probably need to be taken out in the next year or so and transplanted to an earthen pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Oh dear, on the pond and landscaping being a hindrance to selling your home. My father has told us, it will take a special buyer for our house too.....but we don't have plans on moving anytime soon.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh dear, on the pond and landscaping being a hindrance to selling your home. My father has told us, it will take a special buyer for our house too.....but we don't have plans on moving anytime soon.

I wouldn't have changed anything we did with our house or landscaping, you just have to know that up front when you go to build your pond. One realtor told one of the buyers that was looking at it that he would go to us and ask us to fill it in if they wanted. which I would have never done.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I was thinking that might be the case. Along with ponds we too have extensive landscaping. Most people just don't want to deal with it and would prefer a bunch of grass and maybe a couple shade trees. :( sad but true. It will probably be ten years before we sell and the next house will be in until we die. Why can't everyone love flowers and water like us crazy ponders? We are the normal ones not them LOL

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is our last house until we can not take care of it, then will just hire in help until we are broke. Nobody will want our landscaping ponds, mowing etc.

I don't do it for the future buyer I did it for us for now and for us until we are no longer here.

Ask a Question