No power for 12+ hours. How F@#ked is my pond?

Sweet Lew

Pond Noob
Reaction score
Update:

Just called the the guy that cleans out my pond every spring and is well known in the area for pond service, sales, and construction. He is 100% sure I have a young raccoon eating the bulbs on the hyacinth. An older one wouldn't bother with them. Gonna try lettuce for sure and see what happens.

Reaction score
D&RW said:
am i missing something? how come you're worried about the bacteria if you have no fish?

I was thinking the same thing! I have heard another person worried about bacteria in a fishless or critterless pond. What up wit da bacteria worries? I am curious!

Reaction score
Sweet Lew said:
Update:

Just called the the guy that cleans out my pond every spring and is well known in the area for pond service, sales, and construction. He is 100% sure I have a young raccoon eating the bulbs on the hyacinth. An older one wouldn't bother with them. Gonna try lettuce for sure and see what happens.

Squirrels go after my bulbs all the time! The little &^%#@er's

Sweet Lew

Pond Noob
Reaction score
Squidhead said:
By the way raccoons usually are nocturnal. So if it's happening at night then raccoons, by day squirrels or rabbits.

Doubt it's rabbits. Something is getting into the pond and pulling out the plants in the middle of the water. Squirrels are a possibility.

Ask a Question