addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Charlie the groundhog is really Charlotte.

Sitting in the house, I see charlie sitting next to one of the deck flower pots, so I walk over to check it out. He is never on the deck.

Welllllllllllll next to our pile of not done deck lumber is Charlottes babies (can't call her charlie anymore)

DSC03355.jpg

DSC03353.jpg

Skinny mama now

DSC03347.jpg

One is a lot braver than the other

Then I took my lil yorkie out for her walk, we pass a piece of 4 inch drain pipe laying on the ground. She goes into attack mode, biting at the pipe, almost crawling in, head buried, barking growling. I can hear something scratching in the pipe.

Out the end bails a squirrel, running faster than I have ever seen one run. The squirrel bails over the edge of the pond, down the 4 foot rock slope into the pond, one large splash, the poor thing slams into the anti heron fence trying to get out of the pond, makes it out of the pond, falls into the lotus tub. Finally gets out of the lotus tub and heads for the woods soaking wet! What a hoot!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ahhh how cute you are a grandma addy and look at those cute as pie grandchildren .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sounds like the same squirrel that was in "Over The Hedge". And have your new woodchucks turned your nice lumber pile into their personal crapper?? OF ALL THE NERVE!
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
out house they did not have time to build it and make a hole in the seat :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's so neat addy............love them!

That squirrel story is so funny........too bad you didn't get a video of that...............I'm lmao right now imagining the images of his poor misfortune!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol john that is some dog food I put out for them, they ignored it. I noticed that "charlie" was sticking around the house more, now we know why.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
There's been a charlie hitting on charlotte .Paternity suite pending ,child support ,medical ,clothes optional

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm following you sissy..................put the bottle away now, you've had enough :LOL:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
roflmao you guys! we hired a lawyer already to protect our assets from the paternity suit.

We do give free room and board, all the food they can eat! A wide variety of snacks, all shapes and sizes of plant matter.................

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like a nice setup for the groundhogs.......................hold on I'll be right over............you must have room for little ole me somewhere.................I don't eat too much.........or wait, maybe I do.............but I could scare the herons away real good..........just give me a robe and broom and I can really fly................no comments allowed from sissy or Haro on this last statement :razz:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DSC03363.jpg

A little up close and personnel.............munching on the sedums you sent me jw! It climbs our stairs as casual as all get out. One thing I have noticed she never eats a plant to the ground a bite here a bite there, she sniffs the plants to find the one she wants, most she passes by. A lot of the flowers she totally ignores, goes for the weeds which is great. But I might just block the stairs lol, so far not much damage and the plants have been growing great. Will keep an eye on the plants for too much damage.

You are welcome to come and live here jw, we treat our guest well, including hogs! lmao I will even buy you a new broom!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha ha ha you guys.................I do like me foods tho! Actually addy that little guy might be helping your sedums cuz what I do in mid June is cut them back halfway so they don't get tall and spindly and you will think oh no I have murdered them but they grow back much stronger and don't fall over that way.

Ask a Question