Odd internet message.....about GPF!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
This is interesting, as this error message should only happen (on any site, not just GPF) when visiting the HTTP: version of a site, instead of the HTTPS: version.

We've got it set up so that http://www.gardenpondforums.com should re-direct securely to https://www.gardenpondforums.com automatically, so I'm really puzzled as to why this happens.

It sounds like it may be a bug related to Mac devices, judging from the comments so far. I will do some research and see why this may be happening. Has anyone had this problem on a Windows PC or Android Phone?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Ian Thank you! First time I’ve seen this, but it did pop up during some kind of connection issue. Odd, because any messages I’ve gotten in the past were simply, “unable to connect with server,” or “web connection lost” — things like that.

Hope you can figure it out!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My puter is an Acer desk top and I just thought it could have come from the severe storm last night .I use firefox for gpf

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I had that pop up on my phone ( apple) when we had issues with the storm messing w the internet.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am windows ten custom made pc ,and android phone no problems here

Ask a Question